The 25-year-old had been travelling in a convoy with friends when their vehicles became stuck on Sunday in Durham, near Queensland’s border with South Australia.
The South Australian man walked off with a 39-year-old woman to get help in the remote area, police said.
But after 30 minutes the pair became separated when the woman decided to turn back and return to the cars.
The woman was found by a passing motorist and raised the alarm about the 25-year-old Adelaide man.
A land and aerial search was launched on Monday, with two mustering helicopters assisting.
The man’s body was found about 5pm on Tuesday, 12km from the bogged cars.
“Police conducted an extensive land and air search over the remote area which sadly resulted in locating the man deceased,” Senior Constable Mark Baker said.
“Police have been in contact with the man’s family, and our thoughts are with them at this time.”