AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 40,688,890 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Tuesday, including 183,414 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 24,285,674 have been administered by the Commonwealth, an increase of 126,788 on the previous 24 hours.
* 16,403,216 have been administered by the states and territories, including 56,626 in the previous 24 hours.
* 93.6 per cent of people 16 and over in Australia have received at least their first dose and 89.9 per cent are fully vaccinated.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 3418 new local cases: 1742 in NSW, 1622 in Victoria, 24 in South Australia, 18 in Queensland, 11 in the ACT and one in Tasmania.
* The national death toll is 2124: Victoria 1436 (+9), NSW 641, ACT 15, Tasmania 13, WA nine, Queensland seven, SA four and the NT one. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 272,197,443
* Deaths: at least 5,329,536
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 8,548,112,056
Data current as at 1630 AEDT on December 16, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.Jump to next article