The 27-year-old was arrested at about 2am on September 20 after police responded to reports of a disturbance on Marshall St in Fortitude Valley.
During a brief appearance in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Wednesday, Milford’s bail was altered via an application from his lawyer before the case was adjourned to November.
He is facing three counts of assault causing bodily harm and one count of wilful damage.
Milford was initially given police bail following the incident last month, at which time the Broncos confirmed he had completed his “contractual duties” with the club.
“As the matter is now before the courts, the Broncos will make no further comment,” they said following Milford’s arrest.
The NRL also confirmed it was aware of the alleged incident and its Integrity Unit was liaising with Queensland police.
The charges come at the end of a horror year for Milford, who was dropped by the Broncos in round 12 and later told his $1 million-a-year deal would not be extended.
After arriving at the Brisbane club as one of the league’s best young talents in 2015, he was their best on field in their golden-point grand final loss that year.
But the former Queensland State of Origin five-eighth was picked for just 13 games this year, and is expected to play a bench role in his one-year deal at South Sydney.
His case is next due for mention on November 29.Jump to next article