Get InQueensland in your inbox Subscribe

Mum admits 'sex chat' with 14-year-old boy


A 31-year-old South Brisbane woman has admitted sending sexual messages and pictures of her breasts to a 14-year-old boy she also supplied drugs to at her house.

Print article

The woman, who cannot be named to protect her children, pleaded guilty to a string of drug-related offences including supplying the drug GHB to a minor, which carries a maximum penalty of life behind bars.

She also admitted messaging one teenager – a friend of her son – in an “attempt to procure him to engage in sexual acts with her” including “sexualised chat” and asking him to send her an explicit photograph, the Brisbane Supreme Court was told on Wednesday.

The woman later acknowledged the messages she sent the 14-year-old boy were inappropriate and her conduct “wrong”, but that “she can’t help herself”, prosecutor James Marxson told the court.

On two occasions she sent the 14-year-old photos of her exposed breasts.

The messages were sent during a two-and-a-half-month period last year during which her teenage son and his two 14-year-old friends would regularly drink alcohol and take drugs at two houses she lived in during that time.

The court heard the woman twice supplied the drug GHB to the boys, they smoked MDMA and cannabis over two days on one occasion and a boy had swallowed MDMA on another.

There had also been “about a week of partying” where the teenagers consumed the drugs GHB, speed, MDMA, meth and cannabis.

The woman was also charged with failing to provide a safe environment for her son, his friends and her seven-year-old daughter who also lived with her in Brisbane’s suburbs.

She was arrested in July last year after the 14-year-old boy’s mother found the messages on his phone.

The woman – who has no previous convictions for drug or sexual offences – has been in custody since her arrest.

The court heard she was remorseful, but has significant mental health disorders.

Justice Frances Williams handed the woman a head sentence of three years in jail, but ordered she be released on immediate parole.

More News stories

Loading next article