LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
- Restrictions on indoor gatherings, dancing at weddings and choirs in NSW will ease from Friday but the premier is warning people not to let their guard down despite the beginning of the COVID–19 vaccine rollout.
- South Australia will drop its remaining COVID–19 border restrictions with Victoria from Friday, allowing travellers from Greater Melbourne to enter the state.
- Victoria has gone five days without recording a coronavirus case. The Health Department confirmed there were no new local or overseas acquired cases recorded on Wednesday, following 20,201 tests.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he’s very optimistic that all COVID-19 restrictions in England would end on June 21, and added that the government would hold a review into the use of vaccine certificates.
- Health authorities have reported a spike in new coronavirus cases in Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, Ukraine, Greece and India.