Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk today said dawn services, marches and public commemorations would return on April 25.
“In times of strife, Queenslanders do what it takes to protect each other,” Palaszczuk said in a statement.
“We’ve done it in wartime, and we’re doing it now through the global pandemic.
“Because we’ve worked together to keep safe, this year we can safely gather to mark the sacrifices of those who have served.”
Last year, public Anzac Day events were cancelled across the state due to the risk of spreading coronavirus.
Instead, thousands of Queenslanders marked the day by standing in their driveways at dawn and other private commemorations.
-AAPJump to next article